Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Camelino
& Handdyed fingering weight yarn
Needles: US 7 and US 2
Finally! I wrote the pattern after one whole year since I knitted the first version. It is called "This Wednesday Morning." and now available via Ravelry.
After dropping a few pounds since I made the first one, I had to remake the sweater one size smaller for better fit.
Also, I wanted to see if there was a better way of working textured stitches on the neck that shift beginning of round every 2 rounds because the way the textured stitches are. There was. I ended up knitting with wrong side facing for the neck section.
For cuffs that used the same textured stitches, instead of continuing to shift beginning of round, I alternated shifting forward and backward on every other round.
I had planned all along to make buttons myself for this sweater. My colleague/friend had agreed to help me with making ceramics buttons. But I ended up with painting my own wooden button out of laziness. I found some wooden thingy from Michael's in the scrapbook section (scrapbook is something I never do and somehow it just does not appeal to me at all.. anyhow..) Paul drilled the holes and I painted the buttons in acrylic and covered with 3D ModPodge. They turned out a bit too cutesy for my taste, but they'll have to do for now. I'll definitely try to make some buttons in ceramics soon.
Yarn for this sweater was the same yarn, Knit One Crochet Too Camelino, as first version but darker grey. The color insert was made with fingering yarn dyed with rabbit rubberbrush.
One thing I'm excited is that I'd found a wonderful tech editor, Judy, to work with. Even though I didn't use test knitters for this pattern, Judy was extremely detailed and communicative. I felt I had learned a lot with pattern writing by working with her. She explained to me with every correction she pointed out. I couldn't have published this pattern without her help.