Main Color: Dark Brown Welsh
Contrast Color: Corridale
(both purchased from Dharma Trading CO)
Needles: US #4
I made a quick motif design that turned out to be a bit too diffused due to single stitches of contrast color in many places as opposed to concentrated consecutive stitches of contrast color. Also, the contrast color yarn was spun thinner than the brown so the stitches aren't as fulled as compare to the brown yarn. But I'm still pleased with the result. One mitten also came out wider than the other due to the yarn was thicker. I guess some batch of yarn was spun thicker than the others. Live and learn.
After 10 days of spinning, the designing took 40 minutes and the knitting took 2 days. So the last part was definitely an instant gratification.
I raised a little money to fix up the old wheel by destashing the few indie yarns in my stash. They barely made a dent to my yarn collection in terms of quantitiy, but they sure were the most expensive ones in my collection, so that really helped. Now I just need to learn more about spinning wheels to make better decisions regarding the missing parts for the old wheel.
I am really excited about this new addiction. But I did miss knitting. Not knitting for 10 days while spinning was starting to get to me. I'm ready for new projects.