I had this idea of shawls in my head for a while and it's taking up space. So I thought I might as well make it and see if it looks as silly as I have expected. Well, it's sillier.
The idea was making colored circles of leftover yarn without using intersia. It was done with short rows.
I made one in 3 days - the thinner and darker one. It came out much thinner and smaller than I'd hoped. So I made another one using lighter grey. Both were dyed with logwood grey, which may fade over time. No biggie.
I'm still ambivalent as to how much I like them. I like them as ideas, but they kinda look like scarfs for a clown, as oppose to simple, fun, shawls as I'd wished them to be.
But at least that space in my head is now emptied out waiting for new tenant.
The one on the left I used needles US #5, and US #4 for the second one.
Both were worked from the bottom edge up because I just couldn't wait to work the circles.
Spring break is here! My students have no idea that I'd been looking forward to it more than any of them.