Sunday, October 19, 2014

Colors for a Cloudy Day



It's not cloudy today.  In fact, it's rarely cloudy around here. But the sweater is named such.
Speaking of names.  This morning I woke up from a dream that I was naming a sweater.  In my dream I felt it sounded really cool but when I woke up, I was like what was I thinking?  The name was "The Fabulous Story of Dandruff".   No, serious, why would such a name come to my dream? Perhaps if I was making a black hat with white as contrast color for pattern....

Anyway, the sweater was knitted top down in round with raglan sleeves. I used short rows to create the curved hem.  After picking up stitches from the WS of hem, I used short rows for the top part of fair isle.

I really wanted a layered look with the fair isle without just straight hem, a little peek through effect of the layering.  The result, I love it.  It's easy wearing with a little kick. It's totally my style.

Yarn was Ornaghi Fillati Super Sport.  It's a rather woolly and sturdy yarn.  I bought a bunch of it from Elann last year.  When I first got the yarn, I was a bit dismayed that it wasn't merino-soft, but I grew to like it more and more.



This sweater was a fun knit.  I love doing color-work but find myself lacking the patience nowadays for an entire sweater of in color-work.  This turned out to be a perfect combo. Just enough to make it fun and a little break from the endless stockinette stitch.

I re-knitted the sleeves coupla times.  I had something more "designey" stuff at first, but it just didn't go with the more laid-back look I was going for.  So, plain sleeves was the final decision.


4 comments:

  1. that is such a great sweater! I love the layered look without it actually being another sweater, that's so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And dove grey is one of my favourite colours. I love the pop of pattern at the hem, that's really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your work and I think it's wonderful!
    kisses from italy !

    ReplyDelete