I made a dress! I really should say, I copied one. I copied this one from LL Bean. One difference was I didn't cut the skirt part on true bias as I didn't have enough yardage to do that. I also made my neck opening a bit higher, I never cared for tie belts myself, so that was skipped too.
The fabric was from Mill Ends in Reno at $4.00 a yard and I used 2 1/2 yards. I think my cost is a little cheaper than LL Bean's version. Haha, it's total cheap fashion here.
It was a quick sewing project. Drafting the pattern was fairly straight forward. Only 4 pieces of pattern: top front, top back, skirt panels, and sleeves. The stripes on the skirt on the back didn't match up quite nicely, oh well.
Ever since I learned sewing sleeves to armhole first before sewing side seams, sewing tops and dresses have become much more enjoyable.
I basically live in t-shirts and other knits. So a knit dress is totally up my alley wardrobe for a bit dress up. I want to make more of these if I can find some fun patterns knit.