Friday, September 12, 2014

Soyokaze


(photos from Amirisu)


Soyokaze is here, via both Amirisu and Ravelry.
This is the first time I worked with a publisher.


I was simply over the moon when I found out my design proposal would be included in the Fall issue.
I love the direction the magazine is going.  Over a year ago, Megan, (aka thewittyknitter on Ravelry, and a fabulous designer) told me to check out this new online bilingual Japanese/English magazine.  I immediately fell in love with it.

Finally I gathered up courage and submitted my design, and here it is, Soyokaze, it means breeze in Japanese.
A raglan style sweater, with a drapey short cowl neck, graduated cables on front, a small cable on the back waist, and open hem.

I don't know what it is, I simply love cowl neck and funnel neck sweaters.  I wasn't sure if I should've gone with longer and slightly wider neck like Quilting Stitch Pullover or not. I settled with shorter and narrower version than the Quilting Stitch Pullover to match the proportion of this sweater.

The yarn was Cascade Eco Alpaca. It was such a wonderful to work with, soft and adds the drape.

I'm totally honored to be in this issue with so many beautiful designs. If only I have the time, I'd love to knit them all. Check them out here on Ravelry.

Many thanks to my  testers, Mona (Monatraix), Maeve (maeveknits) and Donna (Donner) who so generously helped me with test knit, my tech editor Judy (judyka), and all the sweetest and wonderful people at Amirisu.

Now I just have to knit one for myself in my size.  The sample was knitted one size smaller than my size.


1 comment: