Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Things Coming Up and Going On



I have some exciting happenings about my designs to report. First, there will be a Soyokaze KAL going on the Amirisu group on Ravelry. It's will start on September 27th.  I will co-host it with Japanese moderator Miyoko. I wish I can speak Japanese, but alas, years of watching Japanese cartoon as a kid did not help. Miyoko will answer Japanese questions, and I'll do my best to answer the English ones.

I'm a bit nervous since I'd never participated in a KAL, let alone hosting one. But I'll do my best to be a good host.


photo from Amirisu magazine

Also, earlier this summer I was contacted by Danielle about a trunk show at Gather DTLA, a local yarn store in downton Los Angeles. This is also another first for me!! The trunk show is up and continues until the end of September. I'm bummed that I'm extra busy at work this semester that I won't have a chance to visit L.A. before the end of the month. But if you happened to be in the area, drop in and check it out. It's a trunk show highlighting my colorwork designs.

To be honest, I feel giddy as well as nervous about both events. I feel like my knitting/design journey is taking me to new places and experiences that I never anticipated, and that is always exciting, like hiking up a new trails.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like a very exciting time! Your designs are so lovely, it's no wonder so many people are excited about them!

    ReplyDelete