Sunday, January 18, 2015

Danshui Pattern


It's here - Danshui
This pattern uses Sport Weight yarn, or light DK, at the gauge of 22 sts x 30 rows = 4" x 4" / 10 cm x 10 cm in stockinette stitch after blocking.

Danshui is a place in northern Taiwan where the Danshui river exits into the sea. It literally means freshwater. I love that place so I named the pattern after that with the motif reminiscent of water flow.

After a week of its initial release on Ravelry, Danshui is now linked from Ravelry to LoveKnitting for EU knitters too. Clicking on the buy link on Ravelry will take EU knitters directly onto LoveKnitting to complete the process. A copy of  the pattern should also be in your Ravelry library.


This EU VAT thing for all digital goods still has some kinks.  For one, there is a long delay between release on Ravelry for non-EU knitters and availability on Love Knitting for EU knitters.  I really appreciate everyone's patience, which I must admit I personally have very little of it.  

I have been knitting.  In fact, I finished a sweater and wrote a pattern for it. But I was so unhappy with how it looks on me that I'm planning to rip it.  I'll do that after I come to term with ripping 3 weeks worth of knitting.  Nothing really wrong with the sweater in terms of fit or whatever... but I just don't like how it looks on me. Even if I crop it back to a more flattering length, it's still so boring, not the easy-living, simplicity type of boring, but just boring.  The design is not something I'd pick up even if it's $10 at a thrift store except for recycling purpose, so there is no reason for the pattern to exist.  But I love the yarn (Cascade Highland Duo) so I'm going to re-use it for something else.

Hopefully I'll have some knitting to post soon, but school begins in 2 days. We shall see...



No comments:

Post a Comment