Monday, January 19, 2015

Jewel Socks and Disappointing Sweater

Wanna know how bad the sweater came out? Here it is, the most unflattering, uninteresting sweater.


I decided in order for me to learn any lessons, I needed to take photos. I really should know better to have patience for a much larger swatch for proper gauge.  Also I really should know better to use the same needles as swatching to knit. Different companies make slightly different measurements of needles of the same size.  


What I had in mind was a simple, slightly over-sized, tunic length sweater to go with my boots. But my gauge lied, the sweater ended up rather close fitting. Just as well, it's such a boring style anyway.

Can I just say, this is the most boring style of sweater!  Unless cables are done in good proportions to rest of the sweater, or some variation on sleeves, or perhaps more tweaking, it's otherwise the most unimaginative design. It's even more horrid in this fit and length.  The large plain Stockinette Stitch on the sides, accentuates the width of body. 

But, on a brighter note.  I finished a pair of socks in 3 days, watching new episodes of George Gently on Netflix. This started out as motif design that turned into socks.  I love this motif.  I want to use it for a sweater, hopefully soon, with some modifications perhaps, to the motif.  

The yarn was Crock-O-Dye, with leftover blue yarn.  I called it Jewel Socks. 
Very happy with the result.  This cheered me up.  And It has been a long time since I knitted any socks, too long.






1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a really cool sock design! Quite unique. I don't think the sweater is too boring, although (in my opinion) a different neckline probably would have been more flattering, to break up the fabric a bit.

    ReplyDelete