Thursday, March 12, 2015

My First Knitted Piece as Art

I have been participating in an art show called Works in Progress where few of us took over a gallery and used it as studio for 6 weeks. Today was the closing day.  I'd been painting on coupla paintings, and last week I decided for the first time, I will do a knitted piece as art.  I had some ideas in mind but they didn't work out.  But here is the, perhaps not final, result.

I don't feel the work was as successful as I'd like. I was trying to find a way to disassociate the immediate connection with sweater from the piece, even though I knew it would be a very tough challenge for me. The result was definitely not there. But it was a good thing for me to play with ideas different than what I usually think about in my paintings.










No comments:

Post a Comment