Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Summer Sewing 2016 Part 1




Summer sewing has begun.
I started it off with a set of tankini, using the same pattern I drafted for the previous set I made 3 years ago.  The only change was adding bit more coverage on the bottom for the back.

A month ago I was at Mill End in Reno for some other sewing stuff.  I saw this print for swimwear and I had to have it, also bought some brown fabric to match. I really, really love this print and how it looks.


The tankini top has a shelf bra.  The bottom is reversible with brown on one side and print on the other.  I think I like the brown more to contrast the top, but Paul likes the print more.

It took a few tries to get the elastic band right for the bottom.  I really do dig this set and it cheered me up tremendously to get some hot weather sewing going.





1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Perfect color combo! I hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete