Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Stormy Day Best Spent Indoor



We went for a long walk yesterday, so today with the stormy weather, I'm not feeling guilty about spending all day in the house.

To celebrate the newly replaced heating element in our oven, and thanking Paul for doing it, I made a  banana bread.
It's one of the few things I can do well in the kitchen.
I used my favorite recipe from Cooking Light - Classic Banana Bread.
Instead of plain yogurt, I used vanilla yogurt since we're out of vanilla extract. Then I added 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
In addition to what the recipe called for, I threw in some chopped walnut, chocolate chips, and some chopped up ginger candies.
With all the candies and chocolate added, I cut sugar down from 1 cup to 3/4 cup.
And potato masher came in handy for mashing the bananas when I didn't have a working mixer.

........................................

After 3 days on the wheel, I finished 4 more oz of spinning.
This time it was Doodles In String Polwarth, color Rose Garden.
I love this delicate, and spring-like color combo, a nice change from the high contrast, vibrant, saturated colors I'd been spinning lately.  It totally put me in a different mood seeing the colors come together.
I didn't try to spin as fine this time, and I got 486 yards of fingering weight.
It is now waiting for a good pattern.


.......................................

and finally, the view outside after a stormy, snowy day...

2 comments:

  1. Your bread looks delicious! I should do some baking on this rainy, cold day. So fun to see that spun up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colorway of this yarn. I have a similar one in my stash :-)) I love the soft color change :-))

    ReplyDelete