Thursday, December 18, 2014

Donations Update 2

Thank you all for helping out with donations.
Here is the latest, So far, The pattern sales from "Lets Go for a Walk/Stroll" raised total $410.  
The second round of donations were sent out today.

$100 to WARF (Wylie Animal Rescue Foundation) in Incline Village, Nevada - It's a small group of volunteers that dedicated to rescuing companion animals.  They rescue animals that are in imminent danger of euthanasia, usually directly from the euthanasia holding rooms of local shelters.  

$100 to Dog Town Canine Rescue based in Carson City, Nevada.  It's a non-profit organization focused on rescue dogs forgotten and forsaken by humans.  

and
$50 to Nevada Humane Society in Reno, Nevada.

Add today's $250 donation to the first round of donation of $150, there is still $10 balance to be donated. Let's hope by the end of month, we'll have more to add to that.  

I couldn't have done it without knitters support.  And I know many of you may not have purchased the patterns but you chose to help with my donation effort. I want you to know that I truly appreciate all of your help. Thank you!


..............


As to what I'm up to since winter break began, I've started sewing a jacket.
First I drafted the pattern.  Then I sew up the jacket using a very inexpensive wool fabric I got from Hancock Fabric last year on my way back from San Francisco after Christmas.  It was in the bargain bin and super cheap. So I decided to use it as my muslin, and if the prototype worked out well then it's wearable.  The biggest problem I had was the collars. They didn't sit right  After many alterations on the collars still looked a bit funky, but that's OK, it's a like-able funky, or so I tell myself.  I used micro-fleece as lining, the way I always dreamed of a coat/jacket.  I'm working on a second one, I want to add facings to the lapels  and hem, but not sure if I want to do the extra work. We shall see. 


Taking a short break on knitting, because I miss sewing.  It's something I feel like my sewing skills simply slip whenever I stop sewing for a while, so in a way I'm just trying to keep my skill tuned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment