Friday, February 6, 2015

Sweater Take 2




Here it is, all blocked! The sweater that came from the unravelled yarn of "Disappointing Sweater."
This time, I'm much, much happier.

The yarn, Cascade Highland Duo, is a super cuddly aran weight yarn.  I used the same texture stitch yoke as the neck and cuffs for  "This Wednesday Morning."  Yes, I do have an affinity for cowl neck or some kind of tall, but not too tight neck.  It's something I use again and again in my designs.  I can't help it as I think it creates a flattering silhouette.

The yoke is round yoke with increases rounds along the yoke.  I made it with about 5" positive ease. The result? a very comfy sweater that I can relax into. The sweater also has a gentle dropped hem on the back.  I first made the ribbing on the first sleeve cuff 4" long, then I ripped it back and did it for 6" which I like the proportion much more.

I feel like I'd redeemed myself.  Now I can happily move on to the next project.





1 comment:

  1. just how do you knit that fast?!?! you must have the hands of an iron woman. I really like this sweater, oversized and cute!

    ReplyDelete